Here you can find the details of JEE Main 2018 seat reservation. If you are wanting attend the test then you must read the reservation criteria in details.
Reservation is the procedure of keeping certain specific number of seats to a specific social category based on caste, gender etc. Based on particular rules and regulations, several numbers of seats are secure in each institute.
According to the Government of India rules applicants belonging to specific categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are–
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Persons with Disability (PwD)with 40% or more disability
Advantage of reservation for admission to NITs/IIITs and CFTIs shall be allowing only to those categories which are in the relevant central list make public by the Govt of India. For admittance to State Engineering colleges who have chosen for admission through JEE Main 2018, the reservation regulations of that state shall apply. The letter or e-mails about reservation criteria will not be considered by JEE Main secretariat/CBSE.
Reservation for Female Students
A female applicant can apply under All India Level or Women Quota System since maximum of the institutions reserve 5% seats for woman.
State wise Reservation for JEE main 2018
Home state Quota –
Candidates, who have passed class XII from a particular state and have cleared the test, will get first choice in admission to the institutes of that state as match up to those who are from external.
Other state Quota-
This includes JEE Main candidates who are applying from other states and union territories, separately from the home state.
- NIT (Other State Quota) — 50% seats reserved for candidates belonging to all other states and Union Territories excluding Home State.
- NIT (Home Quota) — 50% seats are reserved.
- Centre Funded Technical Institutes — Based on Home Quota/State Quota/All India Quota.
- State Funded Technical Institutes — Based on Home Quota/State Quota/All India Quota
- IIIT — Based on Home Quota/State Quota/All India Quota.
- Government Funded Technical Institutes — Based on all india Quota.
- State engineering colleges — Based on state Quota
Keep the following in mind while referring the above table-
NIT Warangal has 3 kinds of Reservation Quota –
- Home State Quota – Applicants whose Home State is Telangana
- Other States Quota – Other States applicants (including Andhra Pradesh)
- Andhra Pradesh Quota* – Applicants whose Home State is Andhra Pradesh
For state and Union Territories without NIT
- Union Territories — NITs
- Andaman and Nicobar islands — NIT Puduchery
- Lakshadweep — NIT Goa
- Daman and Diu — NIT Goa
- Dadar and Nagar haveli — NIT Goa
- Chandigarh — NIT Delhi
Documents need for JEE main 2018 Reservation
- Certificate for persons with Disabilities (if applicable)
- Certificate of category, in a prescribed format issued by the competent authority.
NOTE: For any kind of reservation whether it is based on category, gender or state, one requirements to show the compulsory document at the time of counseling. And if they be unsuccessful to do so, they will not be receiving advantage of reservation.