JEE Main 2018 is the renowned engineering entrance exam in India. CBSE is the authority to conduct this exam for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. On the basis of IIT JEE Main, candidates are admitted to NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutions. JEE Main is also the entrance test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to IITs & ISM. It will be held in April 2018 (online and offline) CBSE is the sole authority to conduct this exam.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria refers to the condition as designed by the exam authority to appear JEE Main 2018. Here we provide the details information regarding academic qualifications, age requirement and other eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2018.
- The age of General Candidates should be on or after 01/10/1993
- Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates Born or after 01/10/1988
- Note- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- The candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 or 2017
- The candidates who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2018.
- The students who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2018 or later are not eligible to appear in IIT JEE Main 2018.
- The applicants who appeared in class 12th/ equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2015, did not pass in 2015, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2018.
- The Examinees willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2018 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board.
- Further, the candidates may also note that in the percentile system, the total marks (of all five subjects) obtained/shown on the mark-sheet of a particular year are required in JEE Main and also in JEE (Advanced). The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2017 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2018) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
Subjects Required in the Qualifying Examination (QE) For JEE Main 2018
Applicants should have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing IIT JEE 2018 main.Subject combinations is stated below –
1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics, 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject. With at least 45% (40 % in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) marks in above subjects taken together.
Mathematics subject along with 50% marks in total including five subjects.
Number of Attempts For JEE Main 2018
The number of attempts, which a candidate can avail at JEE Main 2017, shall be limited to 3 times.
No. of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha
Since the states of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will however be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.